An Overview of Our Programs
Since 1885, Ellis Memorial & Eldredge House, Inc. has been committed to serving working families in the South End and adjacent neighborhoods with a comprehensive array of programs. Today, those programs include high-quality early education and care, safe and educationally enriching after-school and summer programs for youth, day programs for disabled, frail or elderly adults and supportive services that build strong, stable families. From infants to elders, Ellis Memorial offers high-quality, affordable options that support working families. Programs include:
- The Ellis Early Education Center, serving 117 children a day aged from 2 months to 5 years. The Center is a diverse socio-economic and cultural environment serving families from the South End, Roxbury and Dorchester, and is structured and designed to meet the needs of each individual child according to his/her developmental stage.
- School Age Programs provide after school programs in the South End and Roxbury, and a full-day summer program for youth from 5 to 13 years of age
- The Adult Day Health Program (ADHP) pis a medical model day program on site at Ellis providing care, meals, medical monitoring and vital services for the elderly, frail and/or disabled.
- Family Support Services work to enhance the emotional, social and academic well-being of children at Ellis by working with them, their families and outside resources as needed
- Scholarships are available for low-income families who require assistance
- Transportation is available for both children and elders
- The Inter-generational Program brings together children and elderly for ten-week projects
- The Nutrition Program promotes healthy eating and provides well balanced meals/snacks